The East Asia Economic Association (EAEA)
- The East Asian Economic Association (EAEA) was established in 1987 as the first international academic organization to focus on the economics of East Asia, comprising Northeast and Southeast Asia. The Association has since expanded and encompasses South Asia as defined by the SAARC countries. Members from all around the world are most welcome to join.
The core activities of the EAEA include publishing a quarterly journal, the Asian Economic Journal, and holding biannual international conventions. This website provides links to information about the EAEA, its biannual international conventions, and the Asian Economic Journal.
[Administrative Officers and EAEA Office]
- HILL, Hal. Australian National University
- URATA, Shujiro Waseda. University
- CHIRATHIVAT, Suthipand. Chulalongkorn University
- ABE, Shigeyuki. Doshisha University
- ICHIMURA, Shinichi. Kyoto University
- KOHSAKA, Akira. Osaka University
- LEE, Hyun-Jae. The National Academy of Sciences
- LIM, Chong-Yah. Nanyang Technological University
- YOO, Jang-Hee. The National Academy of Sciences
- ALDABA, Fernando. Ateneo de Manila University
- DEVADASON, Evelyn S. University of Malaya
- DU, Julan. Chinese University of Hong Kong
- HUANG, Yiping. Peking University
- JONGWANICH, Juthathip. Thammasat University
- KIMURA, Fukunari. Keio University
- KUNCORO, Ari. University of Indonesia
- LEE, Keun. Seoul National University
- LIN, Ming-Jen. National Taiwan University
- QUAH, Euston. National University of Singapore
- WOO, Wing Thye. University of California, Davis
The EAEA publishes the Asian Economic Journal quarterly. The journal provides detailed coverage of a wide range of topics in economics relating to East Asia, including investigation of current research, international comparisons, and country studies. It is a forum for debate amongst theorists, practitioners, and researchers, and publishes high quality theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented contributions.
The journal strives to facilitate the exchange of information among researchers on a worldwide basis and offers a unique opportunity for economists to keep abreast of research on the most salient economic issues pertaining to East Asia. For those with an interest in Asia, this kind of vital information makes the Asian Economic Journal an essential resource.
- Shandre Thangavelu
- Keiko Ito
- Craig R. Parsons
- Chih-Hai Yang
Overview of the Conference
- The 18th International Convention is to be held at Seoul National University, Oct 21-22, 2023.
The theme of the 18th EAEA conference is
“Charting Inclusive Pathways for Innovation,
Growth, and Integration in Asia.”
The Program Committee Chaired by Professor Keun Lee of SNU is issuing a call for papers related to the Convention theme and for papers on a wide range of economic issues related to Asia. Theory papers that are relevant to the theme of the conference and can develop applied research will also be considered. Pure theory papers will not be considered.
Program Committee Members
Program Committee Co-chairs:
Keun Lee and Craig R Parsons
Program Committee Secretaries:
RaeYoon Kang: registration, financial matter. [email@example.com]
Junhee Han: program matters, invitation, visa, etc. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Joonyup Kim: conference venue, meals, technical help etc. [email@example.com]General inquries [firstname.lastname@example.org]